Huka Prawn Park offers an interactive and educational insight into the world of the Prawn, Aqauculture and good old ‘kiwi ingenuity’.
Your students will be introduced to New Zealand’s only Prawn Farm and will see science and technology being used to educate and entertain!
Huka Prawn Park provides a fascinating day of education. We use a fun, hands on approach to educating visitors on the processes involved in our prawn farming enterprise.
- Learn how Huka Prawn Park started and our unique link to Contact Energy’s Geothermal Power Station
- Have an educational tour through the Nursery & Hatchery where more than one million babies are born each year
- Hand feed the baby prawns
- Challenge each other and play on the water features and adventure playgrounds
- Feed the wild, but friendly Rainbow Trout
- Soak your feet in the relaxing Geothermally heated Foot Baths
Discounted education rates are available for groups. Please contact Huka Prawn Park for full details.